Skip to main content
4601 E. Douglas Suite 150, Wichita, KS 67218 | (316) 347-7959
by Kansas Registered Agent LLC

Kansas Foreign Corporation Registration

Kansas Foreign Corporation

If you are a corporation headquartered in another state and want to transact business in Kansas, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the State of Kansas. You can get one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Kansas Secretary of State, Corporations Division. Once filed, the State of Kansas will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A Kansas foreign corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in Kansas is considered to be a foreign corporation.

We charge $100 plus the Kansas State filing fee to prepare and submit the Foreign Kansas Corporation Certificate of Authority form to the Kansas Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We will also obtain the forms needed from your home state of incorporation to make the filing.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our Kansas registered agent service and the foreign corporation form is already in your online account immediately. There are also some filing tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. Your business needs to have a Kansas registered agent anyway, so we try to make the process simple and easy for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to send them to the Kansas Secretary of State yourself.

How Do I Get Started?

You sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your online account and also at the included filing tips. If you don’t want to do the filing yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab in your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. At all times, you can check the real time status of our work in progress. After we are finished with your Kansas foreign corporation registration, we always upload the filing into your client account, email it to you, and mail you the original filed documents.